The Community Builds __________ EDH
Start of Week 4!
Posted on: 8/6/2012 1:07 PM By CommunityEDH
[Report this Post]
Alright, so this week we have a respectable number of generals and I thank y'all for keeping the suggestions to just a few to save myself some time.
Alright so starting off write up's mono colors:
Darien, King of Kjeldor
You would like Darien if:
- You like playing a token deck that has extremely consistent production
- You like tribal pumps
- You like having the ability to essentially negate damage
You wouldn't like Darien if:
- You don't like tokens
- You don't like sacrificing life for your creatures
- You don't like your general to be an extreme removal target
Next in blue:
Uyo, Silent Prophet
You would like Uyo if:
- You like copying your (and your opponent's) best spells for a meager cost.
- You like playing land.
- You like being able to shit on those that play mass land removal.
You wouldn't like Uyo if:
- You don't like tempo loss for copying spells
- You don't like moonfolk
- You don't like having to search for another card to negate the tempo loss of your general.
Finally in Black:
Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief
You would like Drana if:
- You like easy repeated removal
- You like killing your opponent with general damage just as easy
- The idea of a Black Voltron intrigues you.
You wouldn't like Drana if:
- You don't like costly removal
- You don't like Generals that have no immediate board impact
- You don't like Voltron stratedgies.
Moving onto multicolors:
Bruna, Light of Alabaster
You would like Bruna if:
- You like using the, arguably, worst card type in Magic in an extremely positive way.
- You like Bubbles of the Powerpuff Girls
- You like the chance to beat an opponent in one swing.
You wouldn't like Bruna if:
- You still don't like aura's even with Bruna's amazingness with them
- You don't like winning through general Damage
Kaervek The Merciless
You would like Kaervek if:
- You like group hate stratedgies
- You like punishing your opponents
- You like your general to be a huge target
You wouldn't like Kaervek if:
- You don't like your general being a huge target
- You don't want to be the most hated guy at the table
You would like Phelddagrif if:
- You like group hug stratedgies
- You like to swoop in for the win after everyone else is suffering
- You like the second most unique creature type in Magic.
You wouldn't like Phelddagrif if:
- You don't like Group hug stratedgies
- You don't like helping opponents
- You don't like awesome hippos with wings.
Intet, The Dreamer
You would like Intet if:
- You like all the power that RUG provides without the hate of playing Riku or Animar.
- You like playing spells for free.
- You like manipulating your library to get the most use out of it.
You wouldn't like Intet if:
- You don't like having to connect with your general to do something.
- You don't like manipulating your library.
- You don't like RUG.
Ghave, Guru of Spores
You would like Ghave if:
- You like playing with tokens, counters, AND sacrifices
- You like versatile generals
- You like shrooms.
You wouldn't like Ghave if:
- You dislike tokens
- You like to commit to a strategy
- You don't like shrooms.
Numot, the Devastator
You would like Numot if:
- You hate land, especially your opponents.
- You like denying your opponents resources.
- You like to frustrate your opponents
You wouldn't like Numot if:
- You don't want to have to connect with your general to have an effect.
- You don't like Land Destruction
And finally, Pentacolored:
You would like Atogatog if:
- You like having access to the best cards; period
- You like atogs
You wouldn't like Atogatog if:
And that's all for this week, looking forward to see what Y'all pick!